Mumbai : Every year, Dr. Zakir Naik, who hurt religious sentiments of billions of Hindus during Ganesh Festival, holds a program on Somaiya grounds. It has been decided by Ganesh-devotees and pro-Hindu organizations to oppose his program this year. They will be writing to Somaiya Trust and make a request to not provide their ground for the said program. If Somaiya Trust still gives the ground for the said program, agitation would be staged against them, was the warning given during the meeting of Ganesh-devotees and pro-Hindu activists. (Congratulations to pro-Hindu activists and Ganesh-devotees from Mumbai for resolving to take action against Dr. Zakir Naik ! All Hindus should learn from this incident ! – Editor SP)
In the meeting organized by Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS), representatives of many Ganesh Mandals and pro-Hindu organizations like ‘Hindu Dharmaseva Pratishthan, Sanatan Sanstha, Hindu Manavadhikar Manch, Dharmaveer Sambhaji Mitra Mandal, Jai Ishwar Ganesh Mitra Mandal, Vangka Dal, Rashtriya Goraksa Samiti, Sahyadri Mitra Mandal, Vishwashanti Mitra Mandal; besides, hundreds of devout Hindus and Ganesh-devotees from Mumbai, New Mumbai and Thane took part.
Mr. Abhay Vartak, the spokesperson of Sanatan Sanstha said, “Today, anyone and everyone is desecrating Hindu Deities due to lack of unity amongst Hindus. The Government is also deliberately ignoring these things; moreover, it threatens Hindus who go for lodging complaints. Hindus must unite to stop these incidents and take the Government to task. The Chief Minister, who had immediately gone to meet the supporters of rioting Muslims, has not even bothered to reply to the letter sent by HJS about ten days back, seeking meeting with him. We cannot expect any action from such Government.”
Other happenings at the meeting
1. Miss Priyanka Ligade, advocate of HJS explained in detail about how at various police stations, Police oppressed Hindus who had gone to lodge complaints.
2. It has been decided to hold a meeting at Dadar against Dr. Zakir.
3. It has been decided to write letter to the Chief Minister, Home Minister, Police and Somaiya Trust for cancellation of Dr. Zakir’s program.
4. Awareness will be created all over the world through ‘Face book’, ‘Twitter’, e-mails, sms and websites intensifying the agitation against Dr. Naik.
5. Instruction was given to allow every participant in the ‘Garba-dance’ programs during ‘Navaratri’ only after applying ‘Tila’ and sprinkling ‘Gou-mutra’.
6. Agitation against Dr. Naik will be more intense than the agitation that was staged against M F Husain.
7. Eleven Ganeshotsava Mandals from Ghatkopar celebrating the festival in an ideal manner and Mr. Vinod Solanki, who took initiative for the same, were felicitated on the occasion.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat